Tracey K. Johnson LL.B (Hons)
Workplace Needs Assessor and Assistive Technology Trainer
What is a workplace needs assessment?
- An effective and efficient method to help
employees with disabilities or long term health conditions remain and progress
at work. It can increase productivity and reduce absenteeism, and help the employer get
the best out of the employee .
- An assessment is followed by a full written report providing
unbiased advice on reasonable adjustments, ‘soft adjustments’ and/or
signposting to trusted suppliers of potential solutions including assistive
software or hardware, or specialist training or coaching.
- Normally delivered face to face in the workplace, but in some circumstances can also be conducted via telephone or Skype.
My skills and experience
- Nearly 3000 pan-disability holistic workplace needs assessments (dyslexia and co-occurring conditions, ASCs, vision, hearing and ergonomic) delivered since 2009, independently, as a sub-contractor, and via the DWP’s Access to Work scheme.
- Extensive knowledge of assistive technology.
- Qualified to train in many of the leading assistive software programs including TextHelp’s Read and Write GOLD, Global AutoCorrect and MindView.
- British Dyslexia Association
accredited assessor and DSE (Display Screen Equipment) qualified. Certified training undertaken in delivering
hearing and vision impairment assessments.
- An honours degree in Law and knowledge of employment, disability, equality and health and safety law.
- An experienced trainer for hearing
impairment equipment including radio aids and vision impairment equipment
including desktop and handheld magnifiers.
- A full procurement service is offered from a
single supplier as far as possible to streamline the process and reduce delays.
- Recommended suppliers are selected for their expertise, competitive pricing, and customer service skills.
- Competitive assessment fee which includes
travel and all related expenses.
- Fee can be reduced further if more than one employee in the organisation requires support.
- Returning organisations will attract a preferential fee
I am based in Brighton, East Sussex (UK) but can travel within a reasonable area. Please ask for details.
Enhanced DBS certificate.
Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
Mobile: 07488 999118
I am proud to be associated with the following UK suppliers:
Hands Free Computing Ltd
FM Hearing Systems/Digital Hearing Care Ltd
Genius Within CIC
Vision Aid Technologies Ltd
Claire Salter - Dyslexia Unlocked